Have you ever noticed a suspicious looking book underneath somebody’s test? A bunch of notes hidden up in the sleeve of the fellow sitting next to you during an exam? You probably would have because cheating is something that is common in every educational setup. We all know that you will get an F grade if you get caught in high school for cheating and in college, it’s a different ball game – you are suspended.
Whether or not you have cheated at college, you’ve at least thought about it for sure. Denise Pope, Ph.D., is a senior lecturer at the Stanford University School of Education has written in book, “Doing School: How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed Out, Materialistic, and uneducated Students” that 97% of the high school students in Challenge Success survey admitted to cheating at least once during the past year, and 75% admitted to cheating four or more times. Ofqual compiles following annual data shows how schoolchildren in the UK are cheating on their tests.
Independent Portal presented even more terrible information: 14% of students claim their teachers have helped them to cheat. Nowadays, a cheating industry has been developed, with all those high-tech gadgets; making cheating one of an integral part of student life. So, do want some must-dos and must-not dos so that nobody would suspect you for cheating? Don’t bite your nails, and follow on!
China is no longer the champion
China is known for being a leader in using cheat gadgets and in the same time, it has one of the largest communities that fight scams. Many universities are even installing metal detectors to reduce the flow of these gadgets. Recently, more than 2,000 Chinese students were caught on high-tech cheating during a national exam and they were expelled off on the spot! This happened as their electronic erasers and wireless ear pieces betrayed them by sending off abnormal radio signals, which were caught by the authorities. According to the Irish Times, Chinese students face up to 7 years in prison for cheating on college-entrance exams. The conclusion is, do not trust gadgets or high-tech stuff and try something organic to stay in line with your career.
Turnitin is a new technology which is becoming very common in the western world. It compares work to everything else in the database, checks for plagiarism shows grammar mistakes and analyses student’s performance. So, if you know that your teacher is a techno-savvy and has installed Turnitin, then it’s better you do some hard work and pass the exam through your endeavour as Turnitin is harder to breakthrough.
Understand your teacher
So, you can be crafty and creative cheat note writer or a gadget lover, but always keep in mind that your teacher knows you. A teacher knows all the student tricks and he can easily place you in a particular cheating category, after having just a few conversations. For your benefit, either observe what your teacher knows about or keep a very good impression during all of your lectures so that the teacher won’t get an impression of your cheating techniques. Most teachers have some common methodology, so be aware:
- You are asked to empty your pocket in case you have electronic devices.
Way out: hide electronic devices in safe places or don’t even bring them if you can’t.
- Teacher takes place at the back of the classroom.
Way out: omit extra movements and don’t send signals. Every man for himself in this case.
- Teacher greets all students by shaking hands. He’s not that friendly, he wants to check whether you’ve written something on your palm.
Way out: if you find this efficient, choose any other part of your body inaccessible to your teacher.
- The teacher listens to hallway conversations.
Way out: shut up when you see a teacher.
Avoid Some Common Habits
Following are some of the things you should avoid at all costs unless you have a very lazy teacher who does not care about a thing in the world:
- Avoid writing on the palm as it does not bring success nowadays and can leave spots on your clean new sheet.
- Answers under the bill of a hat are extremely noticeable which must be avoided at all costs.
- As for homework cheating, never ever use first pages of Google as they have already been used by many other students and can lead to plagiarism.
- Try to use series of devices like iPod Nano on watch strap, or apple/android watch. Make sure you don’t look at the watch again and again as it might make teacher curious.
- Collaborate with others and distract teachers so that you can get more time on your own.
- Make small cheat notes placed in your socks or in your shoes, but keep them at places which are easily accessible during the test. Although this is an old technique, it’s totally effective even nowadays. The best thing is you can try different ways with this technique.
At the end, we would say that we never promote cheating and cheating is never away to success. The best option during homework assignment is to address us and we will help you with your homework and class assignments. If you don’t want to someone doing your work, you can always ask us specific questions and we are ready to answer your questions on math, physics, chemistry, etc. as soon as you wish and for free. Prepare for your test online with us and you won’t need to apply any of the aforementioned cheating techniques.